Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Sun Sep 01 2002 01:01 PM
Ok, What's This All About?

My. A lot of fussing going on here about me, and I didn't even know about it.
To the Anonymous poster: I do NOT know more than the NHC. I do, however, have 20/20 vision and I can see well. That "broad area of low pressure" that TWC screwed up yesterday is not moving NW, it's moving WEST. All you have to do is look at the horizontal lines to SEE this. However, the NHC is going with models that are, quite literally, all over the place and have absolutely no credibility...some send it north, then east then back south again. As a matter of fact, most of them do. TWC is a mouthpiece for the NHC, and they will say what the NHC wants them to say....to do anything different would not be kosher. Do you remember Irene? TWC had Jim Cantore in Miami and Mike Sidel in Sarasota and who was getting pounded? MIAMI. They put a LOT of people in danger because schools were not closed, workers were not allowed to go home, etc. People were in their cars driving while the winds were howling in Miami and the NHC still had the system headed towards Sarasota. That was a huge blunder, and it was stupid. You can take all the models in the world and put them to work, but if you cannot use your own eyes and your gut instincts, you're in trouble. I don't have any degrees or fancy plaques with my name on them, but there are two things I WILL do: I will admit when I am wrong, and I will tell you exactly why I am thinking the way I am. I However, if I am RIGHT, I will never say, "I told you so," or "Look how good I am" or "I've been predicting this since the beginning of time." blah blah blah.

To the rest of you who defended me while I was completely unaware of this, LOL: thank you all....Steve, Gary B. was just joking, we have been friends for quite some time. He meant no offense, and I didn't take any.

Now, I still see this thing moving towards the west, even though Steve Lyons is saying NW, we'll see what happens. He's not even telling Florida residents to be on the lookout; he's saying the Carolina's. We shall see.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center