Kevin
(Weather Master)
Sun Sep 01 2002 06:57 PM
94L/future TD 5

I hate to say it, but our future storm off of the Florida EC is going due west for the most part and will probably smash right into the state by tomorrow morning. It should be at least a depression...how much it takes advantage of the warm, warm gulf stream waters will determine how much more it strengthens. The trough to its north is getting weaker and lifting further north, so any northward motion would occur on the coast or possibly inland. Not at all a Diana storm, but my main concern with this storm is rains and tornadoes. These sloppy and weak systems spawn a lot of tornadoes when they make landfall usually...so the weather isn't going to be like Andrew by any means. I'm thinking more along the lines of a flooding and/or severe weather event. Gabby made quite a bit of trouble last year as a weak system. Anyways, I'll keep watching it.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center