GaryC
(Weather Guru)
Mon Sep 02 2002 02:42 PM
TWC and Local News

I am not happy with the coverage of this storm right now. I know it is just a little tropical storm, but if it were happening in Miami or New Orleans, there would be camera crews all over the place. I just watched the 10:00 update on twc and it tlaked about the storm for about 30 seconds and the local news acts as if it is just a bunch of rain with no trouble at all. My take on all of it is this. What if it were to turn into another allison and stay stationary over Jacksonville for a few days? We are already drenched from the rain we have recieved over the last week and this is going to bring even more. I work on the local fire dept and we are getting updates on the storm faster than twc is reporting them. We got the tropical storm warning our news reported it. Wouldn't it be a horrible thing if this storm decided to stay out in the atlantic for a day or so and developed into a hurricane? I think it would catch everyone off guard. I asked like 10 people who surf if they were going to the beach and they said they had not even heard about the storm. Ok, enough of my ranting.......ok, so now it's stationary? now what? I think it is still going to head this way, but that is just me. BTW, nice to see you back colleen!!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center