Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Sep 02 2002 03:38 PM
ROTF

GFDL! Are you kidding me?

Mother Nature vs. the I-10?

The "Ultimate Storm"?

Widespread destruction from Lake City to Morgan City?

This is a complete doomsday scenario. Many prophecy fanatics have targeted this Sepetember as the beginning of Armaggedon. I'm not convinced as there have been no real steps toward any peace treaties in Jeruselem. However, if I see a storm that attacks the enitre Gulf Coast, uh, maybe I need to rethink something or other.

I agree that Ed is basically stationary. It appears to show erratic movement in the same general area. I clicked on one of the radar links in this thread which actually showed perhaps a wobble to the SE over the span of that radar loop.

I don't see it crossing FL, but GFDL wasn't the only model seeing a high surpressing the convection SW. CMC was doing it the other day as was the AVN.

All in all, it still looks like a fish spinner or perhaps has designs on a liimited brush/landfall somewhere between GA and NC. Problem is the strong trof expected to be near the SE Coast in 48 hours. Ed's position in relation to whatever happens with the trof should be the key to his eventual attack or demise.

As to the Gulf, things are still coming together. I still can't determine if there will be any classified activity by mid-week. The ingredients are in the pot, but the stove is still off. The only hints are the convection and the .07-.15 pressure falls over the last 48 hours. And that was as of the 'wee hours' today. I haven't checked buoys today (NDBC was down when I tried) since I woke back up to see if the trend continues.

I guess I need to get off the "news" and head to the Forum to see what Ed's got to say.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center