Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Sep 02 2002 05:20 PM
Re: Tropical Depression 5 forms 130 miles ESE of Daytona

Shawn S.
I provided the link so other members of this board could visually see the model guidance on this system. I'm sure you heard the old saying,"opinions are like ..." I will not come up with my own "opinion" and you of course are entitled to yours as is everone else. I also believe that the models, NHC and local weather forecasters are not perfect, however I believe it is the best we have. I do not know where this system will end up going, the tropics are full of surprises, as I am sure you are aware of. At least 4 models are taking this system into North Fl or South Ga. The 10am Discussion also mentons this clustering of model guidance. To say all of this is pretty much worthless makes no sense. Do I believe this path into Fl into the GOM 100%? No. Do I believe it is a possibility? Yes, along with all of the other scenarios. However it appears the most favorable at this time based on the models and other factors. Just curious, what is your "opinion" on this storm? If it is morethan likely to be closer to being right than the models, maybe you should inform the NHC. Have a good day !!!!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center