Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Sep 02 2002 10:58 PM
Re: Hey,Steve...

>>do you really think something can get going out there? I have my doubts but if you think that it could happen than that is good enough for me. I just think it is one of those situations,again, where there is just not enough time for it to pop because of its closeness to land. Also, the actvity will more than likely die off overnight and it would have to go through the whole process of reforming tomorrow. There isn't enough time for it to keep doing that.

I agree with you about the proximity of land and timing issues, but there will still be something on the surface map by Wed. morning. Whether it's a capital "L" or the smaller, fat one they use for depressions remains to be seen. So it either comes ashore as a TD or it's another wasted landfall for LA/TX (that would be 3 so far this year).

We're supposed to get our fair share of precip tomorrow. Most of the rain today has been south of the city, but still sporadic. At least it LOOKS good with the banding and circular look to everything. I wouldn't be surprised if some areas in TX get 5-10" of rain by Friday. The threat lessens if all of the moisture rides into Louisiana Tomorrow.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center