Jax Chris
(Weather Watcher)
Tue Sep 03 2002 12:53 PM
Re: Eduoard...

I hope the NHC's forecast track is correct, although I could stand for the intensity to be less than TS when it hits the coast. I was at my parents' yesterday, which is on one of the lakes in central Florida, near Melrose (~20 miles east of Gainesville). Their lake level needs to rise at least five feet to get the water back to the ends of the docks, and another six or so feet above that would be nice. You drive over a bridge and there are signs on it that say, "No Diving"...which is a good idea, considering that the nearest water is hundreds of yards away. Although the lake level there has risen in the past month, it still wouldn't hurt to have a few storms come though and help out. That area of the state is also where some of the aquifers get filled, so their getting a good soaking there will help more than just the locals.

Anyway, I guess it's just sit and see what Eduoard decides to do. Pressure at last report was still 1005, so he's not currently thinking about serious intensification. Hopefully if the westerly flow lets up and permits Ed to start moving towards the coast, he won't have time to get better organized before hitting land.

Chris

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center