Kevin
(Weather Master)
Tue Sep 03 2002 09:50 PM
Edouard looks like more of a rain even that anything else.

I believe Edouard should be a major rain event in Florida more than anything else. In fact, tomorrow we should see the circulation cross the state before the convection does! That will be very neat to watch. Central Florida, being on the south side of the storm, needs to watch the rain situation very carefully. Not only will the storm's moisture cause rain, but the flow we are experiencing will bring in even more moisture! Looks like 3-5" of rain are very possible.
Here's my forecast for Central Florida:
Tonight: Partly Cloudy with an isolated evening shower or thunderstorm. Lows in the mid 70's. Light winds
Wednesday: Partly cloudy in the morning, considerable cloudiness in the afternoon. Scattered showers and thunderstorms possible in the late afternoon. Winds 15 mph gusting to 25 inland, 30 on the coast. Highs around 90.
Wednesday night: Mostly cloudy with scattered showers. Breezy. Winds 10-15 mph, gusts to 20. Lows in the lower to mid 70's.
Thursday: Cloudy and remaining breezy. Rain and thunderstorms. Winds 15 mph, gusting to 20. Highs in the mid 80's.
Thursday night: Showers and thunderstorms likely in the early evening. Becoming partly cloudy late. Winds 10-15 mph in the evening, becoming calm late. Lows in the lower 70's.

We'll see how my forecast verifies! St. Johns river also looks to have major flooding due to high stages. Something to keep an eye on.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center