Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Sep 04 2002 11:59 AM
Lotsa interesting 'things'...

If there is one thing that can be said about this season, it is that there have been plenty of things to watch throughout. This morning is no exception. Convection now firing up again in the Gulf except now it's under an upper high. Don't know what this means for intensification. AVN is most ominous with a developing storm (possibly cannibalizing Edouard?) more or less stationary off the TX Coast. AVN gives it 3 concentric rings at one point which I'm assuming is its representation of a strong TS or Cat-1 type of system. All along I expected some type of TX landfall today or tomorrow and stuck with an "L" being on the map. Well the "L" is finally there this morning. It's kind of hard to tell where it actually is because there is low pressure off the central TX Coast extending up to south of the Morgan City area. Looks like some of the associated moisture will be coming in in SW and SC LA today - possible heavy amounts in isolated spots.

Edouard is still nudging toward the W or WSW, but appears to be almost stationary. Even shortwave doesn't tell the story of where the eye is, so I'll be looking forward to the first visible loop sometime after 10:30 this morning. I don't have the slightest clue what Edouard is going to do. The same ideas that have been floating around the web for the last 4 days remain. Will it cross FL and head into the Gulf? GFDL and other models still insisting. Will it meander south and stall off the Central FL coast or perhaps somewhat inland north of Miami? Will it take off in one of the northerly directions in a couple of days? Who knows? I sure don't.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center