Kevin
(Weather Master)
Wed Sep 04 2002 08:01 PM
Look out Central Florida (where I live!)

Edouard may only have winds of about 35 knots, but from the looks of the latest IR, WV, and visible satellite loops, it looks as if Central Florida is going to get pounded by torential rains and wind gusts to 50 mph or so. Not only on the coast but also inland. Edouard should move across the state at 10-12 mph. That may be quicker than the 3-5 he was orginally doing but 10-12 isn't race car quick. That pretty slow in fact and because of this the flood threat is probably very high for the St. Johns River and moderate to high in other locations. A couple of isolated tornadoes and waterspouts possible tonight. It doesn't always take a major hurricane or a hurricane at all to produce dangerous conditions...and I believe tonight will prove that here in East Central Florida.

Conditions in southwest Seminole County, Florida:
Cloudy
On and off light rain
Winds gusting to 15 mph occasionally
Strong convective activity (squalls) approaching from east

I'll update you next whenever I can (should be pretty soon). I guess I'll see how bad or good it is tonight.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center