HanKFranK
(User)
Thu Sep 05 2002 12:33 PM
gulf/95L/second

before i say anything else, anybody see that low/convective mass that ran up into newfoundland overnight? have to admit it looks better than edouard.
anyhow first off edouard has crossed florida. currently passing back offshore in citrus county, still has a 1011mb low and spotty convection. fierce shear overhead, but this is edouard we're talking about, so it might restrengthen in spite of everything. pretty good chance that ed is dead, though.
96L.. closer in to the shore yesterday, so we get to watch the drama on radar. unfortunately low level center and upper support still have not met the way they need to, so the drama will not happen so much as unfold. pressures are lower than yesterday, slightly, as the system is closer to texas and the lower ambient pressure due to continental heat.
95L throwing convection, heading west. that tells the story. shear probably not going to improve much, so it either develops as is or remains a semiconvective swirl.
system south of 95L still apparent on satelite.. i'm surprised. weak low level circulation near 14/40, drifting west. less convection to work with, but persisting. will watch until it is gone, not expecting anything.. but a good burst might get something going.
next african wave due tomorrow says bastardi. models like, take west, develop. will see.
front with a spinning mcc came off nc coast last night. various models try to develop another low off the east coast this week, in the bermuda triangle area.
that is the tropics. scottsvb have to ask: why do you make a forecast, not have it verify, change it as you go along, and then insist that you called it right? dolly didnt go where you originally forecast, didnt become a hurricane as you first surmised, turned up well east of where you first said.. and you award yourself the glory for forecasting it right. no system developed in the caribbean, instead one trying in the gulf.. so of course you called it right two weeks in advance. of course this makes perfect sense, because in every post you make, youre always right: plenty of lipstick on the pig makes it a beautiful woman.
scott, i'm just going to give you a pointer: there is a word you need to learn: CREDIBILITY. look it up, become familiar with the customary implications of this word, and integrate them into your posts.
you have interesting ideas. i know because i read them. the 'i'm always right' egoistic commentary would be better suited for cases where it is actually the case, though. when you screw the veritable pooch, then congratulate yourself.. nobody's clapping for you.
HF 1221z05september

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center