Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Sep 06 2002 07:47 PM
Re:Fay

yeah, we got hammered downtown. I'd guess we picked up 2-2.5" in an hour or so. Fox 8 has a day total of 3.21" as of now, so we definitely got some action. Funny note about Edouard on their weather site:

"The remains of TD Edouard will move over Southeast Louisiana late this afternoon and tonight producing locally heavy downpours. Up to 2 inches of rain possible through this evening. "

That's what I said

Anyway, there was some street flooding on Gravier St. (CBD) about 4". I went out and watched it and smoked a cig, but now it's time to head on out to the gym!

Houston, what are they reporting over there on Fay's impact? I can easily see some localized 20"+ along the coast coming from the storm and the feed after it moves on in. This could get fairly hairy for the Central TX Coast.

Steve

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center