HanKFranK
(User)
Wed Sep 11 2002 03:17 PM
9/11

rememberance is great, but all i care about now is killing the rest of al qaida and stepping on iraq like an insect. well.. this is the time of year al qaida usually tries something.. sure hope we've crippled enough of them. iraq.. well, could have fixed that problem years ago. u.s. has its back up now, so its either comply with our demands or fight.. that will be 2003. anyone who cared about their country would comply, and saddam never would, so really we will be doing the iraqis a favor and giving them a chance at something other than dictatorship. then again, they seem to like being sacraficed in his power schemes like human pawns. allah akhbar, lets go get martyred, i guess. my question: regular or extra crispy? tropics.. bastardi's ideas this morning about the gulf actually agree with what i thought up last night.. sort of. it's heavy rain and maybe a hybrid system for florida (which may then stairstep up the east coast).. or something that emerges from the marginal environment west gulf and fights its way out.
gustav is now a hurricane, first of the season. awkward that it has a pressure of 975mb and only 75mph winds.. it never did get a classic tropical structure or pressure/wind profile. paying a visit to newfoundland tomrorrow.
old td 7.. drifting wnw near 26/59. i continue to mention it because it continues to exist, though not in an overt fashion. gustav is injecting moisture ahead of this small low.. which will either be swept up or allowed to make another shot at it.
waves.. 45w has had its energy displaced well north thanks to shear, and has the unenviable task of crossing 1000 miles or so of upper westerlies in a not so moist environment. on the other hand, models still track the wave as far as the bahamas in five days. have to see how well it holds.
30w wave.. broad, well defined rotation, but not much convection. more ridging to play under than the one before it. some models like this one (especially ukmet). more convection would make this an invest.. and deepen it. how far it can go before the westerlies on the supercharged TUTT start hitting it.. cant say. if it develops slowly it may keep a more southerly track and be a worry to the islands.. quick development and it gets shunted north and slashed. i favor the first option, as most models are saying so.
may.. may not.. get one this week behind gustav. hard to call.
HF 1511z11september

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center