Kevin
(Weather Master)
Wed Sep 11 2002 07:20 PM
GOMEX INVEST and 9/11 rememberence

9/11: It is really hard to believe that a year has already passed since this has happened. Now is a the time to remember the lives lost...firefighters, police, civilians. These people along with the WTC is now gone but will never be forgotten. Going into unsafe buildings to get people out...that's what I call bravery. Our police/firefighters/military deserve a prayer from everybody. Things of changed a lot since that terrible day 1 year ago. I'll always remember when I was in my first hour class when our teacher rushed in and turned the TV on. With a frantic look on her face she said, "The World Trade Center has been bombed." I will remember that for the rest of my life.

GOMEX (98L): Definitely something forming out there and will probably come in the direction of Florida. Don't know how strong this will get...don't even know if it will be tropical in nature. I'm thinking LOTS of heavy rain from this at the least. If it is a subtropical storm could do lots of damage without being strong...SS's are just different than TC's in nature, especially winds and windfields. Anyway, Florida is due for some strong weather by the end of this week unless INVEST 98L just falls apart. Certainly don't expect that...but given the way things have been this year I'd be inclined to expect the unexpected.
Strange that Gabrielle was happening around this time last year...situation kind of similar in nature to 98L.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
We remeber those lost on 9/11.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center