Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Thu Sep 12 2002 05:06 PM
Re: Frank P.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-vis-loop.html

Clearly a hook to the west in the last few visible frames. Doesn't look like that particular circulation is carrying any weather with it though. Models had originally hinted a a N-NW track through the Gulf toward a rendevous in the AL/FL border area. I don't have a call on this one yet. Upper low moving across plains should drag a front through here sometime Monday. If eventual Hanna hasn't shunted off NE by then, it will. Btw, I'm keeping tabs on my battle with the experts. If Hanna hits the FL panhandle as I think it will:

1) My call that Bastardi's Boothville-Appy landfall was underdone is right;

2) Further proof that Dr. Gary Gray's premise that almost all storms this year would be aimed at the Outer Banks, NC yet miss to the east wil have been proven wrong (was an easy challenge for me).

3) My contention that CSU's revised forecast completely underdoes the entire rest of the season comes true.

4) My continued forecast of 13/8/3 continues its own washout, so who am I to talk. But hey, at least I'm on record for challenging experts with substance.

Should be a fun couple of days for the FL Peninsula. Enjoy the downpours!

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center