Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Sep 12 2002 05:11 PM
Re: Frank P.

Well my final forcast now on TD 9 isnt much.Latest guidance shows the ridge building in fast over the Gulf and N florida pushing the TD w a bit near 5 mph. The trough will come down rapidly over the next 24-36 hours picking up the system and pushing it will the majority of the models near Mobile to Panama city. My original thinking was Cedar Key to Panama city. Due to the high building in alittle stronger then anticpated, the 40-75 mile jog WNW pushes wnw the landfall. Strength wise I do expect this to become a TS but still no more than 50 mph as earlier perdicted at land fall and still Friday night.As she turns N and Ne tomorrow, she could get above that strength prior to landfall. How strong she becomes tonight is the key. Other wise not much else to say about this. We will post warnings up at 5pm and most likly make this a TS later this evening. Outside of this TD 10 could be forming near 11N and 44 W moving w then WNW over next few days. A quick side note to TD9 if the west motion countinues this afternoon then warnings might not be posted to 11 and might be pushed more w to near NO. scottsvb hurricaneupdatecenter web page

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center