Kevin
(Weather Master)
Fri Sep 13 2002 12:17 AM
TD9/future Isidore

TD9: As far as landfall goes, I'm thinking Pensicola to Appalachacola (did I spell that right?). This is assuming that TD9 begins moving more northerly overnight. If a northerly motion doesn't happen then things become a whole lot more interesting.
On the path I believe this one will travel, the Florida Peninsula should get 1-4 inches of rain tomorrow and Saturday (combined totals). Isolated amounts of 5 inches are possible. Isolated tornadoes and waterspouts may occur in the panhandle. Gusty winds likely across peninsula while panhandle should receive a good, steady 15 knots with gusts as high as 30 tomorrow. Probably will be Hanna at landfall...40-45 knots is what I'm thinking. Won't be a memorable storm unless flooding occurs.

I'll post my thoughts on the future Isidore (12N,43W) by tomorrow afternoon at the latest. My early take: could be big, big trouble for the SE US sometime next week *IF* it can tackle the hurdles ahead of it. That is a big *IF*. Look for my thoughts on the "Storm Forum" here on CFHC.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center