Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Sep 13 2002 04:22 PM
Re: 10am Update...

Well my personal perdiction on landfall isnt final yet. I gave a swath from cedar key(which wont exactly happen) to pensacola in florida with a landfall close to Panama city. At first i did say watches might go up from tampa to there but almost none of us forcasters expect such a w turn. At first most of the models even said across central florida then been backing around to the w almost every run. Anyways with that said my intensity forcast is still on and still most of the moisture will be a Florida thing. Late last night the pressure went up slightly and pressures in the mid low to the ese went down. As the NHC perdicted though the mid level low faded leaving the pressure low but keeping the original LLC intact. Infact with the mid level low fading out the LLC became more dominate and presures droped again to 1001mb. Forcast is a landfall near Mobile to Panama city. Most weather though will be to the east of there possible as far south as Tampa. Though Hanna will come onshore late tonight as I expected all along, more pops will be expected in Tampa far away from the center compared to Mobile only about 50 miles from the center. I expect breezy conditions near landfall with moderate bands moving onshore at landfall from Mobile east. But winds near TS strength will be e of there near Pensacola east to Panama city. Otherwise not much to say. System off the leewards still doesnt have a closed LLC and I dont expect it to over the next 24-36 hours.
scottsvb HURRICANEUPDATECENTER

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center