Kevin
(Weather Master)
Sat Sep 14 2002 01:48 PM
Re: and #2..

Hanna: Circulation looks slightly elongated from w-e this morning, Florida Panhandle and eastern Alabama Coast should get quite a weather day. Strong gusty winds, some isolated flooding along with tropical downpours, and isolated tornadoes/waterspouts are a good bet for this one.

99L: This one's is ready to pop and it probably already has. Convection is extremely vigorous this morning and a low level circulation may be forming just west of the heaviest convection. Model runs have me concerned...they all have a formidable system coming through the Caribbean. I'd have to think that if this one take a westerly route and curves northward over Cuba we'd have a major hurricane to deal late next week, but this is major speculation at this point. When Hanna finaly get out of our hair and we finally get 99L classified I'll take a more serious look at things though. I can say one thing for sure though: Look out if 99L continues to develop when it moves through the Eastern Caribbean Sea. Whenever you have a storm developing in a typical "dead zone" you know it's for real. We still need one major storm to make this season "balanced" and I think we may have one in the cards here.

Wave midway between Africa and Islands slowly trying to improve. Much less important than the front runner already near the islands. May develop slowly anyways.

Weather here in C. Florida is sort of weird. Breezy, the clouds are thin and milky and are allowing some nice sun to get through. Type of weather that would make you suspect a tropical entity was somewhere.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center