Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri May 24 2002 06:50 PM
Re:STORM

System looking pathetic at the moment... Can discern broad LLC on the latest vis loop but its so weak and diffused, and has absolutely no convection associated with it... I estimate the center to be around 17.7N and 84.7W, if its even possible to get a fix on such a broad center... system appears to be moving very slowing west as best I can tell... the system has some significant hurdles to overcome in the next day or so if something is going to develop.

Hey, what ya expect, the season has not even started yet... still spring training for the tropics I guess...
If this becomes Authur, and that's a big IF, it certainly won't be no King to start off the season...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center