(Weather Master)
Sun Sep 15 2002 01:06 PM
Re: TD #10

Well it sounds like to me that this local Met that you are talking about may be a little early in his forcast predicting a landfall. I mean we don't even have a TS as of yet, however I do believe we have the potiental here for our 1st major Hurricane. But I do want to add this, I have noticed a lot of our Mets in my local area has a tendency to down play a system to the opposite extreme and make the type of statements that would make the general public feel like there is nothing to worry about( I'm not talking about any particular storm just any storm in general
and then when a storm threatens the area I have heard many people say that the Met said for us not to worry about it and now its sitting on our door step, last time I will listen to him. So the point I am trying to make is that I believe our local Mets should just give a heads up but not to the extreme to panic anyone , play it down the middle and inform the public and when there is a serious situation for sure then get there attention. I guess the call is tuff, but someone has to do it. Over all our local Mets do a great job when we are under a warning.
Toni

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center