Kevin
(Weather Master)
Sun Sep 15 2002 03:49 PM
Probably not an East Coast storm...

Okay, I'm going to do what I don't like to do. Speculate. I feel the NHC track is right on target through 72 hours. After that (here comes the speculation) I believe we will see a northward curve across western Cuba. Now, given the time of year we are in, a high-amplitude trough is bound to grab this storm, sending it northeast eventually. That would equal a Florida West Coast strike. What gets me is the possibility of the storm barely inching northward within 100 miles of the Florida West Coast until the flow back southwest and turns it northeast across the peninsula. Add in the possibility of a category 2 or 3 hurricane and we could get a very ugly late week here. *JUST MY SPECULATION*. Thing could totally change, but if the NHC track continues to verify well through 72 hours, I'll be concerned.

If on Wednesday night or Thursday morning we have a storm moving north over western Cuba with an amplification occuring just north and west of the storm, we are going to have some nerve-wrecking times ahead.

Any long term *speculation* welcome. Please make it at least halfway reasonable.

*OFF TOPIC*: Here are my NFC South picks for week two.
Bucs vs. Ravens: Bucs 24, Ravens 16
Packers vs. Saints: Packers 27, Saints 24 (yes, I see Packers wining by three again.)
Lions vs. Panthers: Panthers 16, Lions 7
Bears vs. Falcons: Bears 24, Falcons 17

We'll see how these do by the end of the day.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center