Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Sep 16 2002 02:26 AM
Re: Tropical Depression 10 Forms Near Venezuela

well I still dont have a perdiction on this system. I held off last 2 days cause I couldnt find reliability in the models on wanting to develop this thing as much as they did. Now they hardly want to develop this at all, maybe a weak TS again in the gulf by Thurs or Friday. Again I still dont know and wont know until I can get now 2 consistant model runs in from AVN. I discount the GFDL. 1 run it wants a cat 3 then the next a weak TS. Anyways there is a open wave with a slight midlevel circulation people see. If this storm will develop then it will over the next day or 2. It should slow and turn NW. How strong I wont know till Monday afternoon. Right now not only is there no west wind, there is no north wind at all. This is such a open wave that the convection north of Hispianola looks better. Even though there is a Conv burst in the central carribean, there is not a close chance for a circulation in the next 6-12 hours. Now a ship reporting SE winds near 18K near 13 N and 74W and there should be a NNE to NNW wind. The system is open. Again I will post more later on Monday.
scottsvb HURRICANEUPDATECENTER

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center