Kevin
(Weather Master)
Mon Sep 16 2002 04:51 PM
Re: Your Capt Crunch wasn't spiked at all...

Anon: Did I ever say TD 10 at 11AM? Hell no! I said an STDS may be issued later this afternoon. Recon is in now checking it out. From what I saw they had a 29 knot wind at 1500 feet on the west side. That's around 25 miles per hour at surface...so may not quite be near depression strength yet. When the shear lightens up on this one is should really take off, I'd like everybody to mark my word because I'll hold myself to that claim. I've also heard people saying on some other boards that Cuba will chew this system up. Not at all the case. The center of circulation should remain south of eastern Cuba, thus disrupting outflow but not causing any weakening. When this one get over the western side of Cuba we loose the mountains as well. I'm thinking a big blow up near western Cuba...I'm holding myself to it.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center