Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Sep 16 2002 07:30 PM
Re: side note

IT's a bag of wind right now, but strong wind at that I'll bet. But since it's got Florida in it's eye it'll fall apart...an allergic reaction to the state; either that or go into the GOM. I'm not overly impressed by the latest vis images; convective bursts but no one center. All kidding aside though, conditions should improve greatly tomorrow and Kevin, you may be onto something here. Building anticyclone over it tomorrow should intensify it greatly if we have a closed center (LOL) ..me thinks we will shortly. But it's trying like hell to threaten. They should call Florida the "show me" state instead of Missour'a'. They talk about all the "overdue for landfall" potential. But never seems to pan out. Let's get a closed system, then we can hype!!! But yes, lets be on our guard cause it'll be a short fuse. Cheers!! Steve H.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center