Kevin
(Weather Master)
Mon Sep 16 2002 08:19 PM
Possible close-off and latest GFDL run (armageddon, as always)

I was just watching the Tropical Update on TWC and they showed the visible and I think I know what you mean. On the last frame I saw a small curl occur on the SW side of the system. The question of "Did it just close off?" popped up in my mind. You may well be right.

Also, Steve, the GFDL continues to put fear in us Floridians. The latest run shows a strong category 3 making a beeline for us from the south! I'm not putting much faith in this model or any other at this point though. But given the fact an anticyclone will build in tomorrow we may just see this type of intensification. Hey, one of these days the GFDL is bound to verify correctly on track and intensity for a storm.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center