Kevin
(Weather Master)
Mon Sep 16 2002 11:06 PM
Local reports extremely vague tonight.

Well, I watched the rest of the newscasts and things were pretty vague. Here's a rundown station by station (in Orlando):
WFTV-9 (ABC)-Jaime Martin didn't say too much about it but did have windy with heavy rain on Fri. and Sat. He said it may effect us as a depression (?). This morning, on the other hand, Tom Terry seemed very concerned about the system. Let me tell you now, Tom Terry is one of the best OCM's around. Glenn Ricahard's, the chief met, was off today. Need him or Terry badly, they really kick Martin in the butt.
WKMG-6 (CBS)-Tom Sorrells. Did a horrfic job tonight. On one broadcast he simply said, "That's a tropical wave". Shows very little concern for it.
WESH-2 (NBC)-Dave Marsh. Said, "Something to watch". He didn't have any indications of any type tropical system by the end of the week.

All in all, our local reports were horrible. They don't even seem to be concerned. I'm listening to Tom Terry and Glenn Richards (when he comes back). The NWS is even beefing up the forecasts for the end of the week for crying out loud.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center