StormHound
(Weather Guru)
Mon Sep 16 2002 11:32 PM
Re: To Be or Not To Be?

Based on the latest satellite photos, there is little doubt in my mind that TS Isidore has been born, or soon will be. He is wrapping up tightly. Bastardi mentioned that there would be storms in the outflow during birth, but these would give way to high cirrus clouds as she closes off. That is what I'm seeing over the last couple of hours.
He seems to have slowed down now, but Cuba and Florida certainly are under the gun. Because of the angle of attack, guessing anywhere other than the Keys is going to be very difficult. A little wobble could mean the difference between West or East coast of FL. If I have to make a call now, I'd say Isidore gets far enough W to come up the W side, say between Sarasota and Tampa. I'm thinking strong Cat 2, but we should be watching this one very closely.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center