ShawnS
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Sep 17 2002 12:11 AM
Re: To Be or Not To Be?

I think you all are making too much of it right now. It is not even classified yet. I remember going through this last year with these systems. There were at least a couple of them that we all thought would really pop and they never did for some reason or another. The same could happen here and that might be the reason the NHC is holding off on any reclassification right now. The longer it goes without getting its act together, the greater the chances of it either totally falling apart or at least moving further west than anticipated. I'm not saying that it WON"T happen but I think I'll wait until we get an official notice from the NHC that this thing is for real before I go any further. Who's to say that it won't make it to the western gulf,IF it does re-form. How many times has a high pressure not built in as deep as it was suppose to or moved a little east or west of where it should have? How many times has a trough not dug as far south as forecasted or not been able to "pick up" a system because the storm decided to slow down or even stall out. The point I'm trying to make is that it is anyone's guess on what may happen with this thing. It could go anywhere from just falling apart to being a major hurricane, and anything and everything in between. Saying that, we ALL need to just keep an eye open to the possibilities that exist..... ALL the possibilities.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center