Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Sep 17 2002 03:48 PM
Re: recon

Well TD# 10 developes a bit more south than I thought last night. This does change things a bit but in what direction its unsure. The path forcasted should be a bit west of the previous one so western Cuba or eastern Yucatan is a possibility. Latest satellite pictures do show a LLCC with developing thundestorms on its east and north side. By 5pm I do expect T.S. Isidore. So where next? Read this and it will help:
BOTH THE AVN AND CANADIAN MODELS HINT AT
REDEVELOPMENT OF A CENTER ALONG THE NORTH COAST OF CUBA UNDERNEATH
THE MOST FAVORABLE UPPER-ENVIRONMENT. THIS SCENARIO SEEMS UNLIKELY.
THE NOGAPS AND GFDL WANT TO TAKE THE DEPRESSION NORTHWARD OVER
CENTRAL AND WESTERN CUBA...RESPECTIVELY. THE OFFICIAL FORECAST
SHOWS A SOFTER NORTHWESTWARD TURN IN AN ATTEMPT TO BE MORE
CONSISTENT WITH THE 500 MB AVN AND UKMET LARGE SCALE FORECAST
FIELDS. PERHAPS COINCIDENTALLY...THIS FORECAST IS IN GOOD AGREEMENT
WITH THE BAM AND LBAR MODELS.

So I believe the forcast track will change over the next 24 hours to the east and how far will have towait. As for TD#10 moving west I don't think it is its moving w-nw but very slow and thats another problem so read this:
BECAUSE THE CIRCULATION CENTER IS NEW...THE INITIAL MOTION IS VERY
UNCERTAIN...BUT THE BEST ESTIMATE IS 270/8...PERHAPS LESS.
So we will wait and see at 5pm when new more reliable information is out until we get down to exact track.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center