Rich B
(British Meteorologist)
Tue Sep 17 2002 08:05 PM
Re: transgendered systems

TS Isidore? well Recon Vortex message shows estimated surface winds (Line D) at 40 knots, making this system a 45 mph Tropical Storm. But will NHC upgrade it at 5? who knows! Where will it go? who knows! and how strong will it be? who knows!

However, i would guess at it skirting to the West of the Caymans as a strong TS or minimal C1 Hurricane. Then on towards the western tip of Cuba, but i think we may see it pass nearer to the Yucatan than Cuba, probably as a good C2 or maybe a C3 Hurricane. Once in the Gulf i think it may well strengthen to become this seasons 'The One', probably landfalling somewhere near Hanna last week, possibly a little to the east. Perhaps it will go like Opal, crank up, then weaken before moving onshore. But hey, thats a long way off!!

Rich B

StormWarn2000

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center