Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Sep 18 2002 12:05 PM
Re: Isidore and Josephine forms. Forecasting Nightmare Deluxe

Agree Steve, I think the models will shift again, and I have friends who are leaving for Key west Friday night wanting to know what to do!! I just can't justify the west movement. Even with the NOGAPS, it has the storm moving WSW towards mexico with no strong ridge aloft or to the north. I guess it just has it riding the backside of the front west. I cannot agree with some that say Florida is out of the woods, which I read this morning. If anything, it's the logical place for this to go, since if it drifts toward the central GOM it will eventually get picked up by a trough, if not the 2nd the final cold front. But that's my opinion. In terms of real weather, Izzy is moving NW and this motion should continue. The last recon saw a slight shift to the north of NW albeit temporary. OK, bottom line, what do I tell those going to Key West?? Arrggh!! Cheers!! Steve H.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center