Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Sep 18 2002 12:30 PM
I definitely don't see landfall in Key West...

Though with a storm just a little west of there, they may well have some squally weather. I also doubt the storms turns into the peninsula - at least initially. As to the SW movement, HF posted on that last night. I think it's as likely as a LA-NW FL landfall down the line. What the trofs do (e.g. how far they dig et al) and what their effect is on the Gulf climate will have a huge say. Everything's gonna go back and forth unless the Canadian has been right all along in which case Izzy does hit FL this weekend. It appears to be the current odd model out (must have put on some weight or something ). For now, we've all got 5-7 days to watch this, fret, and probably come up with 300 posts between us.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center