Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Sep 18 2002 05:58 PM
Re: Miami...safe better than sorry

I agree with ya Colleen. What is the causal factor that takes the storm on a sharp turn to the w, even wsw, after 60-72 hours on the NOGAPS? And anyone else notice that the storm takes a turn to the North on the NOGAPS at 48 hrs., followed by the sharp W turn? Any explanations?

Like you Colleen this one still concerns me. My biggest concern is the strength. I have to say, I am usually very conservative when it comes to Hurricanes bearing down on Florida, as they generally seem to turn away, but in terms of strength....this one makes me nervous. I just have a bad feeling it may indeed explode in intensity...especially if the high pressure builds over it as predicted. These are super-heated waters down there....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center