Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Sep 18 2002 07:29 PM
Re: Miami...safe better than sorry

Thanks guys for the good sites and information. I indeed located the models within the first post, and thats where I got the information from NOGAPS. I agree with ya Colleen...my tone was intended to be a bit sarcastic. I really wanted to know what was the "influence" that turned the system West after 72 hours in the nogaps model, since I truly can't figure out why it has it shifting so sharply in that direction.

As for the northward jog, I can't explain that either, although I admit I am not a scientist by trade. Can anyone shed some more light on the competing factors we have here, and more importantly, on the intensity forecasts?

Brett

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center