Kevin
(Weather Master)
Wed Sep 18 2002 07:52 PM
After viewing visibles...

I observed three things:
1. I did see a more NNW jog than NW in the last two frames.
2. The forward motion did look a tad faster on the last frame. It sort of looked like the storm "jumped" forward.
3. The worst observation of them all. This baby is really starting to wrap-up. A central dense overcast is evident on the imagery and banding is starting to take place. System also trying to get larger.

Also read new NWS Melbourne discussion. They said we will "at least" see indirect impacts from the storm. I have a feeling that Central Florida will, at the very least, see some strong rainbands from this system. I'm also concerned about northward wobbles as Isidore develops an eye. Looks like this storm is going to be very wobbly.

Just looked at model runs again and I thought, "Yeah right." If you notice all of the models that turn the storm west do so sharply. This is highly unrealistic. Any turn, be it NE or W, will be a a somewhat gentle turn. Still can't believe the models given the itensity of the trough coming down and the possibility of a quicker-moving storm.

Thoughts and comments welcome.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center