Ricreig
(User)
Wed Sep 18 2002 11:36 PM
Re: General thoughts...

Jason,

I am glad to see a 'real' meterologist actually take a stand in public I am also glad to see WHY you believe what you are (albeit tenatively) forecasting. Models are tools, nothing more and I am always distressed when TV (especially) forecasters mollify the public with platitudes based upon most often wrong models. I don't wish *any* storm knocking upon your door, but I am not willing to rule out any given city in Florida being affected by this storm just yet.

As you pointed out, and I observed earlier, this storm is north and east of almost all of the predictions by the NHC and the models, and can easily, given it's current S of Florida location, reach any part of this state. I stopped believing in wishcasting when I wished Camille would miss Biloxi....it did, but not by enough to prevent major damage....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center