wxman007
(Meteorologist)
Wed Sep 18 2002 11:59 PM
Re: General thoughts...

1) If you don't have a hurricane kit made up yet, now is a good time to get your non-perishables together, just in case.

2) Reasonably sure we will have a hurricane in the Gulf in 72 hours.

3) From there be alert...we do have some indications that Isidore could head our way, but several more that don't. It's not time to worry yet, but it is definately time to be paying close attention to developments. Not time to change plans, or start boarding up. but it is time to make sure that you have things in order, as you should throughout hurricane season.

As I told my general manager today "It's not time for you to worry...I'll TELL you when to worry!"

And, no....I am not making my above predictiion of landfall on the air yet, it's too early...but I did use the same forecast reasoning (discounting the SW track...weighting the other two ideas) on the air, in a somewhat more brief fashion.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center