elvinp
(Registered User)
Thu Sep 19 2002 01:40 AM
Re: Honing in...

I have been lurking for the past 3 days. This site contains so much great information and emotion, I wanted all of you to know how much I appreciate your posts. As a Florida native, I have experienced only a few mild hurricanes. Even Donna did not directly hit Tampa in 1960, but as a kid I remember the downed trees and powerlines and cooking an outdoor grill (with my dad) for several days until the power was restored. It was when I volunteered to help in theSouth
Dade County recovery, after Andrew almost wiped every away, that I understood and appreciated the enormous power of a Cat 5 storm. I want no part of that power. However, I guess I am a wishcaster at heart until I realize that power might hit me, then I get sober very quick. It has been 42 years since Hurricane Donna and although I love to follow them, I don't really want Izzy to visit me. But, if it does I want to be the first one with adequate supplies and protection for my family and neighbors so that we can weather the storm. I want to know I have all the knowledge that I need to protect my family. That is why I really appreciate the knowledge base represented here from the professionals down to the common folks like myself. Thanks, Elvin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center