Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Sep 19 2002 02:08 AM
Re: let me rephrase that

I would like to suggest that while thinking about the effects, direction and ultimate landfall that everyone consider, that which ever direction it ultimately goes to make landfall, that it still has to pass by Florida. Hanna was North of Central Florida but the south east side had quite a bit of rain and blow off and dumped a lot of rain on us in Central Florida along with some funnel clouds and isolated flash flooding. We got 3 inches of rain at my house in one hour out of one of those rain bands. Just remember, it does not take a direct hit from the eye of the cane in order to "experience" a hurricane. Those rain bands can really have some extreme weather in them and be a hundred miles or so from the Center. I truly don't know any one who would enjoy being in the most intense quadrant of a cat 2 or higher cane unless the person was a very careless risk taker, or started his cane party 9 hours in advance. (JMHO)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center