Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Thu Sep 19 2002 04:07 AM
Re: geez..

Carl,

He wasn't so much concerned as he was cautious in that there is no immediate threat to us. However, Fox 8 did a little piece on supplies right after. That's a good news segment for anytime during the season. Jeff Baskin is his weekend guy who actually gets the 5 and 6 spots too. Bob does the 9 and special segments from 'the weather office.'

HF,

Yeah, I realize those are estimates, but it's the 'official' estimate since it's provided by the NHC. That's what we and the models have to go on. Considering the previous coordinates had the movement between NNW and N, this is a change. It also appears evident (to me anyway) on the IR fixes. I'm not rushing to get any supplies yet. I've got most of what I need to live on for a couple of weeks except candles, batteries, ice and charcoal. I'll make that call on Saturday morning. Of course I am out of beer. I wouldn't want to run out of elixir of life you know.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center