doug
(Weather Analyst)
Thu Sep 19 2002 02:58 PM
Re: Somethings cooking!

Folks, I heard an absolutely outrageous interview on WWBA in the Tampa area this morning with a "spokesperson) for the NHC who, unintentionally I think< left the impression that the Tampa region would escape with only fringes....from her mouth to God's ear...we could only want to be so fortunate...BUT (and that is a BIG BUT)...we may not be so fortunate...and i don't like what the current model trends are OR the satellite images project...
Isadore is forming an eye...could be a wobble but movement is more north than west..if it straight lined now across Cuba on its path as seen in the last pics. it crosses Cuba east of the Isle of youth...three of the models ( only AVN differs really) project an east of 85w solution in the Monday/Tuesday time frame...some keep it just off shore some into panhandle...
in any event anybody saying all clear on this potential Cat3 is nuts!.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center