Rich B
(British Meteorologist)
Thu Sep 19 2002 09:07 PM
Re: Isidore Now A Hurricane

Ok... i am not going to say much about the track of isidore, except i am sticking to my landfall area of Mobile to Pensacola...

Rather, i am going to comment on the intensity. Although in a good environment for strengthening, Isidore really has not strengthened at a great rate. I think that by the time the centre moves over Cuba tomoro we will be looking at a strong C1 Hurricane, with sustained winds about 90 mph. Of course, weakening will occur as the centre moves over land. The circulation, however, is quite large, and Isidore is not that compact a storm. Therefore, providing he does not slow to a crawl while crossing Cuba, expect him to re-emerge into the GOM with winds in the 75 to 80 mph range. Then... strengthening as it meanders over the Gulf waters.

With a large circulation, we may just see Tropical Storm force winds over the extreme southern Keys.

Rich B

StormWarn2000

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center