MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Fri Sep 20 2002 04:15 PM
Mexico to Miami Needs To Watch

I have a feeling we'll be dealing with Isidore all next week, still in the gulf. Right now, literally, everyone in the Gulf from the Yucatan in Mexico to the tip of Florida Peninsula will want to eyeball this storm.

I'm leaning toward the west right now, heading dangerously close to the Yucatan. I don't expect it to make landfall however, and I could even see the system remaining in the gulf the entirety of next week. This will put emergency managers all along the coast on edge for days, and that fact itself makes it bad. Every hint of movement now must be watched. Even some of the best forecasters aren't very confident on the future path of this system. And the NHC's best guess I happen to agree with. Models and even their trends haven't been all that helpful either.

All I can say is watch it right now. Models aren't any help. Just keep watch on the system itself.

I'm back, at work, and buried in work related work, so this update will be short.

Jim Williams and Barometer bob are doing live Audio shows starting at 8PM and lasting usually to 10 or 11PM all during Isidore's run. Use the link below to check them out.

Updates will come as needed here. It will take a while for me just to catch up with everyone!

NRL Monterey Marine Meteorology Division Forecast Track of Active Systems (Good Forecast Track Graphic and Satellite Photos)

NASA GHCC Interactive Satellite images at:
North Atlantic Visible (Daytime Only), Infrared, Water Vapor

Some forecast models:
NGM, AVN, MRF, ETA ECMWF

DoD Weather Models (NOGAPS, AVN, MRF)
AVN, ECMWF, GFDL, MM5, NOGAPS, UKMET

Other commentary at Mike Anderson's East Coast Tropical Weather Center, Accuweather's Joe Bastardi, Hurricane City Weather Audio Broadcast Network - Live Audio from Jim Williams and Barometer Bob , Tropical Weather Watchers.Com (JasonM) Gary Gray's Millennium Weather, Barometer Bob's Hurricane Hollow, Snonut, Ed Dunham and Jason M in our Storm Forum Even more on the links page.

- [mac]

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center