Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Sep 21 2002 12:50 AM
Re: Subtropical Depression 12 and Isidore

To all "wishcasters": I know nothing about the weather but I was in Homestead during Andrew and anyone who thinks a direct hit is anything other then the most frightening and devastating experience possible knows nothing about
meteorology. You can't talk to anyone because its too loud
you can't see anything including house framing flying through the air at 150 m.p.h. because its to dark. Imagine standing in front of a firing squad in the pitch black not knowing where the next bullet is coming from. All you can do is curl up in the corner of your "safe room" and think about all your friends and family you didn't get to say goodbye to because you are 100% sure you are going to die in the next few seconds . When you do live you get to see dead pets with swollen, rotting bodies and no hair (I guess the wind ripped it off after they flew miles in the air), people who have know idea who they are where they are why they are bleeding or if there even alive, people with every dream they worked for destroyed in 24 hours, and kids who scream in horror at night for months on end to the point where families move away from Florida forever. I check this site becuse I don't ever want to be near a hurricane again. If you think you might be in the path of one don't be a wishcaster just run fast and far away.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center