Ricreig
(User)
Sat Sep 21 2002 01:16 AM
Re: Subtropical Depression 12 and Isidore

In reply to:

To all "wishcasters":

Dear Anonymous, First, I can relate to your comments having been essentially at ground zero during Camille (Biloxi), but I really think that an awful lot of the 'wishcasting' you refer to is actually 'FEARcasting'. I think even Shawn of Tx who seems to wish a 'cane to hit his area limits his 'desire' to a Cat1 storm, one that certainly can and might kill and most definitely would cause damage, but I've seen no one so far that WANTS a Camille, Andrew, Hugo or an Isadore on their doorsteps.....stating an opinion that it is gonna hit 'here' isn't wishcasting at all, but expressing the fear, born of the uncertainty this storm is causing.
The Pro's here certainly aren't wishcasting, but stating their educated opinions as to what their experience and training suggests the data indicates *might* happen, but I doubt that Jason, for instance, having stated an opinion that "his" area might be the target, is in any way hoping it will hit him or his viewers. If any wishcasting is occurring, it is wishing the storm would die a death over water and make landfall as a puffy little rain shower....we only want to be smart enough to predict where and when we need the umbrella....

PS...join our group, register and tell us who you are....There are too many people here with the same name: Anonymous...it gets confusing

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center