Danya
(Registered User)
Sat Sep 21 2002 01:40 AM
Re: Subtropical Depression 12 and Isidore

OK. everyone. I've been reading Gary Gray's models, and watching Joe Bastardi's videos. But, today, shopping at "Ye Olde Wal Marte"...all the bottled water available in this county seemed to be GONE...and even though the models seem to be leading us to believe that this storm is going towards Mexico instead of here....how many of you really believe that? I'm prepared to go back to Wal Mart and pick up waterproof containers for all my business equipment (2 computers, 3 laptops, 1 fax, and 2 network phones) and pack it all up with the photo albums and get the heck outta here. (I live in a mobile temporaraily, thank you.) I was born an raised in Florida, and remember a storm as a child that sent my father and me dashing over the Courtney Campbell causeway in Pinellas/Hillsborough county to pick up my poor mother who was an emergency telephone operator who was stranded and could't get home. Sometime in the 60's I think. (I was very young.) Now I watch Izzy, with bated breath. The weather prognositicators in this area declare that Florida is out of danger. Do you...who study the weather, and don't have anything to prove to anyone...believe they're right?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center