Jeanine
(Weather Watcher)
Sat Sep 21 2002 02:54 AM
Re:Wishcasting etc.

Sorry, tonight I have to vent:
Why is it whenever someone says they think it moved or it looks like it is moving all of the comments about wishcasting come out and all the stories of what can happen do so don't wish. NO ONE IS WHISHING, not only is wish casting not allowed on the board (I Agree), but now it has been suggested that if you are going to post any comments you have to be able to back them up. I DID NOT KNOW THAT THERE WAS A CRITERIA TO BE ABLE TO POST HERE. Let me say I have been on this board for 3yrs also (peanuts/aka Jeanine) I don't say much because everyone around here has gotten so high and mighty. I can only speak for myself and say that I do not have the meteorologic background that some of you do (but enjoy tracking hurricanes and the weather)and sometimes it gets a little boring lurking in the background. So if all I can offer is a link or maybe something about a storm moving don't be so darn critical. I'm sure there are others who feel the same. Nobody said it has taken a new path and thats the way its going, just that they think they may have seen it move. For me, Andrew came, I left, Irene came I was scared, so no wishcasting here. I've been up with the rest of you looking and HOPING ITS NOT COMING MY WAY.................................There I'm done P.S. this took me a while to type so if you haven't been on page two of this thread or were not on here last night you won't know what I was refering to! Sorry if there are any spelling errors

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center