Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sat Sep 21 2002 03:29 AM
New Orleans Met

Fox 8 met said that one of the reasons that Izzy will eventually make the northward track was based on the following:

There is a large ULL off to the NE of the system and that is going to drive the system off to the west or even WSW for the next couple of days... over time the ULL off to the NE of the system will be replace with high pressure which and this will be the trigger that will influence Izzy to move northward, because he will be rotating around the edge of the high pressure and that's the mechanism that eventually drives the system northward.... this was his forecast... not mine... but makes sense in this senseless situation...

Several of the models tonight are in agreement with the northward track... GFDL has it going to the MS coast just southeast of Biloxi... but hey, what city has not gotten a direct hit with the GFDL over the past two days from Izzy ....

I'm still sticking with my initial forcast of a land fall on the FL panhandle, but reserver the right to shift it just a tad bit west... I'm going to go down with the ship on this one as far as forecast... this thing might end up in Mexico... but I doubt it... eventually its going north.... if I'm wrong, and I hope so, crow tastes just fine with a cold miller light...

as someone posted earlier, what would Nash Roberts forecast.... all he needed was a black marker and marker board... he was one of the best...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center