Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Sep 21 2002 01:13 PM
Surprise! a 5 hour night...

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-ir4-loop.html

You can see what basically to me, looks like the transition from Cat 2 to Cat 3. Winds might not be up there yet, but check out the organization of the eye wall. Man, I'd be pretty nervous if I was in Cancun.

After the wife gets home from work in a bit, we're going ot measure a couple of windows and then I' going buy some more water and ice to get that out of the way just in case.

As speculated by many people the last few days, Izzy may well have a very large sphere of influence at landfall (if) along the Gulf at landfall - whereever it is. Wow. It's the big one (one of 'em anyway).

Of note, GFDL rather weakens the storm a down the line. That's worth mentioning as it always overdoes projected intensity.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center